Japanese Paper Cranes!

My Girls with their Paper Cranes
I left Camper Continuity Initiative(CCI) yesterday because of school but if I could I would of stayed there all week. Yesterday we had a little field trip, and we went ice skating with the kids; we all enjoyed it. I fell a couple of times and taught a couple of the kids to ice skate for the very first time. It was a great change of atmosphere, getting the kids out of camp to do something new. When we returned, it was time for Counselors Choice, an activity block where the counselors pick what activity their cabin should do. So I thought this was the perfect time to explain to my cabin about my trip to Japan. They loved the fact that I was going to a different country and asked many questions about Japan. Next thing we noticed we were talking about Origami and folding paper. I decided to teach my cabin (of three girls) how to fold a paper crane. Here are some pictures of my girls and I working on our paper cranes.





















Here is a good YouTube Video on how to make a paper crane!

~ 2 comments: ~

LBeezee says:
at: February 21, 2012 at 11:45 PM said...

Look at you teaching them something incredibly important! Beautiful. I'm really excited to see what you continue to teach these kids. It's great that they were eager to listen to you and help out. Your journey is incredibly exciting.

Chany Peguero says:
at: February 22, 2012 at 12:27 AM said...

Thank you Lisa ! it was your idea anyways to start teaching them in CCI. I have a huge list of ideas I can't wait to try them all !

~ Post a Comment ~

About Me

My photo
Konichiwa (Hello), My name is Chany Peguero I am currently a student at UMass Dartmouth. On January 23rd 2012 I was accepted to study abroad in Japan with CIEE. This blog will be used to share my experience as I apply to many Scholarships, as well as share my Gilman Project with my campers at Crossroads4Kids, and to share my experience in Japan with everyone! I hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I do. (Click on the pictures above to read my Posts!) I would love it if you would also follow me or subscribe to my post.

Followers