かわいいおべんと(Kawaii o Bento) // Cute Lunchbox!

おはようございます(Ohayougozaimasu) 
//Good Morning !
Simple but Cute :)



     Guess what I've received in the mail? My bento things, I ordered them online from BentoUSA! When I went to CCI during February school vacation, the kids and I talked about creating cute bentos. Bentos are a single portion boxed lunch or meal that is common in Japan. A traditional bento consists of rice, fish/meat and vegetables on the side. It is even thought of as an art form and a skill.

     To help the kids with their creativity I bought rice molds, vegetable cutters, seaweed punchers, ham and cheese cutters, and a super cool hard boiled egg mold. (Click on the picture for bigger view)




Rice Molds
(Heart, Star, Teddy Bear)
Vegetable Cutters
(Flowers, Star, Heart)
Seaweed Punchers
(Cuts Out Cute Faces)
Ham & Cheese Cutter
14 Different Designs!
Hard Boiled Egg Designs!
(Flower, Heart, Star, Diamond)

     My plan is to create the bentos with my cabin, the Mohawks, which are the oldest girls during Discovery Day. Discovery Day is when each cabin do whatever they want to do, like bake cookies, rock climbing, design t-shirt, have a spa day, and end the day by camping outside making s'mores.

     I really can't wait for the summer to start, I want to see their faces while they create their own bentos and can't wait to post their creations! 

Some CUTE examples of Bentos!

~ 1 comments: ~

Anonymous
at: March 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM said...

Chany, these are definitely some of the cutest things I have ever seen! I bet your campers will LOVE making them. I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures in Japan. I have been telling all of my students about how hard you are working to make your dream of studying abroad a reality. Keep up the great work!

-Kira

~ Post a Comment ~

About Me

My photo
Konichiwa (Hello), My name is Chany Peguero I am currently a student at UMass Dartmouth. On January 23rd 2012 I was accepted to study abroad in Japan with CIEE. This blog will be used to share my experience as I apply to many Scholarships, as well as share my Gilman Project with my campers at Crossroads4Kids, and to share my experience in Japan with everyone! I hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I do. (Click on the pictures above to read my Posts!) I would love it if you would also follow me or subscribe to my post.

Followers